1⁄4 cup sugar
1⁄2 cup water
2 cinnamon sticks, optional
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 large ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- Preheat oven to 400° F (205° C).
- Combine sugar, water, and cinnamon sticks in Multipurpose Pot - 8 cup. Bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Arrange peaches, cut-side up, on Sheet Pan lined with parchment paper. Pour syrup over peaches and bake for 25 minutes, basting frequently using Basting Brush.
- Place 2 peach halves on each dessert plate and drizzle with remaining syrup.
ON THE GRILL
- Preheat barbecue to medium.
- Place peaches, cut-side down, on grill. Barbecue for 1-2 minutes, until marks form.
- Turn over and baste with syrup. Continue grilling for 1-2 minutes, until tender.
- Place in bowls and spoon additional syrup overtop. Yum.
Try 1 tsp Apple Pie Spice or Cinnamon (Ground) instead of cinnamon sticks.
Garnish each serving with a Cinnamon Stick.
Delicious over low-fat frozen vanilla yogurt.
For breakfast, serve sliced over whole-grain toast, waffles or pancakes.