Saucy Enchilada Burger
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup sliced veggies, your choice.
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
1 pkgEnchilada Seasoning (Pack of 3) , divided
4 slices cheddar cheese
3⁄4 cup water
1 1⁄2 tbsp tomato paste
4 burger buns
Toppings (optional): Guacamole, shredded lettuce, diced onion
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly brush grill with oil to prevent sticking. Line Sheet Pan with Sheet Pan Liner.
- In a large bowl, add beef and 1⁄2 pkg seasoning (about 1⁄4 cup). Using a fork or your hands, gently mix to combine.
- Form into four patties. Place patties on Sheet Pan Liner and head to the grill.
- Grill patties, with lid closed, 4–5 min per side, or until cooked through. Top each patty with 1 slice of cheddar cheese during last 1 min of cooking to melt cheese. Remove Sheet Pan Liner from pan. Place cooked patties on top of pan.
- In 4-Cup Prep Bowl, whisk remaining 1⁄2 pkg seasoning with water and tomato paste. Microwave sauce, uncovered, on high 2 min, whisking halfway until thickened.
- Slice buns in half and place patties on bottom halves of buns. Drizzle 2 tbsp sauce on top of each patty; add more to taste. Add toppings, if desired. Cover patties with top halves of buns.
Per serving (1 burger with 2 tbsp sauce): Calories 450, Fat 20 g (Saturated 9 g, Trans 0.5 g), Cholesterol 80 mg, Sodium 630 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g (Fiber 2 g, Sugars 5 g), Protein 32 g.