Crispy Chicken Mac & Cheese
Meet the dream team: Crispy & Crunchy baked chicken and Mac & Cheese. 20 minutes is all you need to prep this lunchbox fave! Before starting, make sure you have your oven pre-heated and the water already boiling on the stove so you can easily prepare this recipe in a pinch.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup chopped veggies and 2 tbsp Epicure Dip.
Toppings (optional): sliced pickles, hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Place one Cooling Rack on 1⁄4 Sheet Pan lined with 1⁄4 Sheet Pan Liner.
- In a bowl, combine chicken fillets and mayo. Place coating mix in a shallow dish. Using tongs or your hands, coat chicken fillets, one at a time; place coated fillets on rack, leaving some space between each piece. Bake 18—20 min or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, trim kale leaves from stems and chop into smaller pieces; you should have about 2 cups. In Multipurpose Pot with boiling water, add kale and pasta. Cook until pasta is tender, about 6—8 min. Drain.
- Stir in seasoning, milk, and butter, if using, until evenly coated.
- Spoon into bowls and top with crispy chicken and additional toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 380, Fat 9 g (Saturated 3 g, Trans 0.2 g), Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 520 mg, Carbohydrate 51 g (Fiber 3 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 23 g.
For a hot, southern twist, toss chicken that has been combined with mayo with 1 tsp Buffalo or Louisiana Wing Seasoning before coating with mix; stir an additional 2 tsp of wing seasoning into prepared mac & cheese.
For a spicy glaze, whisk 2 tbsp oil with 1 tbsp wing seasoning in a Prep Bowl. Microwave on high for 30 sec. Brush over hot chicken as soon as it comes out of the oven.