Butter Chicken Cauliflower Sandwich
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1⁄2 cup Simply Better Baked Beans or beans of your choice.
1 large head cauliflower, about 7"
1 pkgButter Chicken Seasoning (Pack of 3), divided
1⁄4 cup vegan mayonnaise
1 tbsp lime juice
3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
1 cup water
1⁄2 cup soy milk or other non-dairy milk, your choice
2 tbsp oil, divided
4 buns, toasted
Toppings (optional): sliced tomatoes, pickles, red onion rings, lettuce
- Remove leaves from cauliflower. Trim stem, leaving the core intact. Using a large knife, cut cauliflower vertically, into four 1" thick slices. Save remaining florets for use at a later date. Place slices in Round Steamer or Multipurpose Steamer; cover, and microwave on high 1–2 min or until just tender-crisp. Remove from steamer, and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, measure out 1 tsp seasoning; combine with mayonnaise and lime juice. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate large enough to fit the cauliflower slices, whisk together remaining seasoning, flour, water, and milk. Using your hands, dredge the cauliflower slices in the mixture, making sure to coat all sides and the crevices.
- In Sauté Pan, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add two cauliflower slices; cook 6–8 min, turning once, until golden-brown. Remove from pan. Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil and repeat process with remaining cauliflower slices.
- To assemble, spread sauce on both sides of buns, add cauliflower on bottom bun, then add your favourite toppings and cover.
Per serving: Calories 440, Fat 21 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 430 mg, Carbohydrate 55 g (Fiber 10 g, Sugars 9 g), Protein 12 g.
Use two smaller cauliflower heads if you can’t find a large one at the store.
Use leftover cauliflower florets in smoothies or add to your next sheet pan meal.
Sprinkle cauliflower steaks with Butter Chicken Seasoning and grill outdoors!